- As a member of the House Committee on Agriculture, and 2014 Farm Bill Conference Committee secured more than $1 billion for specialty crops in the 2014 Farm Bill
- Obtained more than half a billion dollars for plant pest and disease prevention for the eradication of European Grapevine Moth, Light Brown Apple Moth and other invasive species
- Secured millions through the EQIP program to help Valley farmers improve efficiencies in conservation
- Included language in the 2014 Farm Bill that would allow California the opportunity to enter the Federal Milk Marketing Order. Costa has long advocated giving producers the chance to petition the U.S. Agriculture Secretary for entrance into the Federal Order
- Fought to end $6 billion in taxpayer subsidies for the corn ethanol industry
- Improved Williamson Act & Inheritance Tax for farm families bringing millions in tax cuts
- Supported free trade agreements with South Korea, Colombia and Panama to help create new markets for California agricultural products
Do you like this page?